Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The results are in...

I don't have gestational diabetes!!

Although I knew there was a high likelihood that I don't have it, I was starting to get nervous. So, if little Carys isn't so little, she'll get there on her own strength and not because my blood sugar is out of control. :) I'm glad, too, considering the size of the cinnamon roll I had on Monday.

Jeremy gave me a prenatal massage for Christmas and I finally used it yesterday - I've never been to a professional masseuse before but it was worth every penny. My back has really taken a beating during this pregnancy (to the point that I've had to be on muscle relaxers as needed since the beginning of my second trimester) and it felt so good to have the sore muscles worked. The masseuse, Susan, gave the most incredible foot rub, too - before getting pregnant I HATED having my feet touched but swollen, sore feet have plied my resistance. I can't remember the last time I've been in that deep a state of relaxation. Carys was unimpressed, however. I was on my side for the massage (obviously I'm not going to be lying on my stomach any time soon) and while Susan was working on my back she did this thing where she put one hand at the base of my neck and one at my lower back and kind of gently rocked me- as soon as she started Carys started flipping out and kicking me forcefully in the side. She was pretty wild throughout the whole hour. I think she thought it was bedtime, and therefore time to play.

My energy level is still pretty low despite taking an additional daily dose of iron. I'm hoping I won't have difficulty adjusting back to having a full work day- when I wake up in the mornings I'm finding that I'm still tired/lethargic for the most part. Exercising does provide little bit of a boost and I'm sticking with that (especially since the weather has warmed up of late) and hope that things improve or at the very least, don't get any worse. The added benefit is according to my pregnancy books, walking strengthens the muscles I'm going to use in labor and it might provide for more effective pushing. I have become accustomed to napping in the late afternoon, too, and I'm not sure there will be time for that with work and trying to keep up with my responsibilities at home. The blessing about living in a smaller place is that it takes so little time to clean - I deep cleaned yesterday and it took me all of 45 minutes to wipe down all the surfaces, scrub the bathroom from top to bottom, straighten up, vacuum all of the rooms and dust. I predict it will be more of an energy issue than a time issue, though. I am a little anxious about returning to work, but am looking forward to it for the most part. There have been a lot of drastic changes at the club, though, and although it's my third season I don't know exactly what to expect.

I am really looking forward to the extra money - our bills will be tapering off soon for the most part, and we're looking to be in a good place financially when she gets here. We haven't started on her nursery yet with the exception of prepping the dresser for painting and I'm anxious to start getting things pulled together. I keep seeing pictures on baby forums of nurseries that well on their way to finished before the mom is halfway through her second trimester and it reminds me that all I have for her is a bare little room! I know it won't be the end of the world if she comes home before it's completely finished, but I want to be able to relax and enjoy the space with her and not be thinking about what I still need to do. After my first couple of checks I'll be able to start buying the little things I want for her room. Hopefully I'll have the time to get everything finished on my agenda before she gets here - I can't believe we're already in the middle of April. It seems like 2011 just started and we'll be halfway through it in 1 1/2 months.

Karen and I are going to paint the dresser tomorrow, probably - we picked a light spring green and I'm going to buy white porcelain knobs- the old hardware were bronze pulls that looked a little dated/grown up for a baby's room. I had a set picked out that matched the comforter set, but I need 10 pieces and at $5.75 a pop, it's just too expensive. I like the simplicity of the porcelain, too, and they're substantially more affordable than the alternative. It'll pick up one of the accent colors I've picked for her, and I love the idea that it was in Jeremy's room when he was a baby, too.

Today is mowing day for J and baking day for me - I found a recipe for banana bread that I love and I'm going to be sending a loaf along with some other goodies to my younger brother. He's in the USMC, stationed outside of New Orleans. He's going to be getting leave soon, and we're hoping he will get a chance to come see us for a couple of days. He's not too manly to sleep in his niece's room for a bit - she won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment