Saturday, February 19, 2011

He brings new beginnings...

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You
and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."

--Psalm 30:11-12 (NKJV)


In October of 2010, my life changed forever. After several failed fertility treatments, my husband and I decided to "take a break" for a year - one surprise positive on a pregnancy test later and things have been a whirlwind ever since. I am currently 21 weeks 5 days pregnant with a healthy, vibrant little girl! She is my first, and I couldn't be more excited! We have named her Carys Ruth, and she is the love of our lives. I started this blog to chronicle my pregnancy and life after birth. So far, my pregnancy has gone fairly smoothly. I had awful morning sickness in my first trimester that caused a 5 pound weight loss, but as soon as I transitioned into the second, it vanished and it's been gone ever since. Now I'm bellying up to the fridge more often than not, and am back on track for weight gain. Our lives have completely changed since finding out about my pregnancy - before, I was working up 70 hour work weeks (two jobs), coming off of a 30 pound weight loss after an intensive diet and exercise regime, was planning to enlist in the US Navy, and we were living in a house with THREE bachelors to try to save money. Now, we've moved into our own place (a little two bedroom that's neat as a pin and a real dream), I'm not working right now because of issues with my back brought on by the pregnancy, I'm steadily gaining weight, and my military aspirations are faint memories.


Now she is our whole world, and my focus. With the confirmation of our pregnancy, came the confirmation that I will forever after be Mommy first, and everything else second. Every plan for the future is made with her in mind.


I can't wait to meet my little wiggle bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment