Monday, February 21, 2011

Tired but happy...

"So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given to you and your house..."

--Deuteronomy 26:11


Today was (proudly) a pretty productive day. I managed to put away most of the rest of the things we moved over from the old house, cooked homemade vegetarian lasagna, and we had our first dinner guests (my wonderful in-laws) over. I still feel like there is a lot of cleaning and organizing to do, but I got a lot of things checked off my list. Carys' room is housing the things we will be putting into storage when we have a chance and I don't have any baby furniture apart from a dresser and a twin sized bed so there's not a lot for me to do in her room right now, but I did get the bed made up. I worked really hard today and I'm tired, but there is a sense of satisfaction in knowing I'm a little closer to the organized home I want.

Carys turned 22 weeks today - according to my pregnancy tracker, she is 11 inches from head to toe and weighs about a pound. That's a far cry from the little poppy seed she was when we found out about her! I have begun to really enjoy the mornings -- It is so peaceful to lie there still and feel her moving and kicking. I told J that those moments are when I'm the most at peace... when my baby is moving. We are two weeks away from Carys being considered 'viable' outside of the womb. Which means from that point on, the danger will change from miscarriage to premature labor! I am thankful for every day I'm given with her, and I pray that we will both stay healthy until she's good and ready for the outside world.

Although I'm nervous about the new challenges of motherhood, I feel ready, too. I am lucky to have a strong support system of family that has been through it that I know will be there to answer questions and offer help when I need it. It is important to me that I am open with my pregnancy and that when the time comes, that I share some of the experience of her childhood with my family. I am blessed to have my husband, my child, and this wonderful network of people that love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment