Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trying to breathe easier...

It's day 2 since our hospital visit, and I am focusing on taking it easy this week. My ultimate hope is that if I rest for a week or two whatever it is that was causing the contractions will resolve itself and I can go back to some sense of normalcy. It is a lot harder to not do much than I thought it would be. I kept thinking about things I wanted to do around the house yesterday - at least it was clean before this happened, it's just a matter of maintenance. But, as my dad told me yesterday, housework can (and will) wait. I am still doing light housework (putting dishes away, loading the dishwasher, etc.,) but nothing that requires any real exertion and I'm doing it at my own pace. My back started to hurt a little like it did before the contractions came yesterday, but I went to lie down right away and it subsided after a few minutes. I'm learning my boundaries and the new threshold of what my body is willing to handle. Right now the important thing is keeping Little Miss from making her great escape for a few more months. The silver lining is that Jeremy is a huge help and support to me, and has been throughout this whole pregnancy. He is doing such a good job taking care of me and the baby... I know he's going to be a great dad. He already is.

The nervousness has faded a little this morning, but it's still there - I don't think we'll really be able to relax until we're out of this scary pre-viability phase.

On the hydration front, I drank 120 oz. of water yesterday - I must've made 30 trips to the bathroom, but it's a very, very small price to pay.

I am thankful, as always, for another day with my baby girl - she made me smile this morning with how active she was right off the bat - she is definitely a morning baby. She was sleeping until Jeremy started talking to my belly, then she went nuts! She kicked the spot where his mouth was over and over... I like to think that she already recognizes her daddy's voice and was happy to hear him. What a sweet little girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment